Believe it or not, chiropractic care is beneficial for both adults and children alike. Chiropractic care is a type of alternative health care and is a natural form of staying healthy as well. Children can benefit from receiving chiropractic care in many of the same ways adults can. Here are some answers to some important questions that you may have about whether or not chiropractic care is the right type of care for your child.
Is it safe?
When you think about a chiropractic adjustment, you automatically think that it is rough and powerful. With children and infants, it is not that way at all. The force used to adjust an infant is similar to the way you squeeze your produce before purchasing it at the grocery store. Chiropractic care for children has been around for hundreds of years. Chiropractors that practice on children use the utmost gentle touch and treat children with the best care.
When is it too early to start?
Whether your child is 2 minutes old or nearing adulthood, it is never too late to start chiropractic care. The birthing process is hard for the baby (as well as the mom) so an adjustment right after birth is not too soon. All stages of development can benefit from (and enjoy) chiropractic care. There are also clues that parents can look for in children that may indicate the need for a chiropractic adjustment:
- A baby breastfeeding only on one side
- A child that seems to lose their balance often
- A child that runs with a limp
- A child that tilts their head constantly throughout the day
When should I make an appointment?
There are great times to make an appointment, and keep your child on a schedule for chiropractic care. Schedule an appointment when:
- The child is less than 1 month old
- The child hits the 3 month, 6 month, 9 month and 12 month marks
- They have a birthday, or even twice per year
- They have a trauma, such as a fall or an accident
- They hit a major milestones such as sitting up, crawling, walking
- You notice they are limping, off balance or tilt their head constantly
What conditions can chiropractic care help?
There are many different common conditions that children can get or develop that chiropractic care can help:
- Birthing trauma
- Ear infections
- Difficulties in breastfeeding
- Growing pains
- Bed wetting
- Sports-related soreness or injury
Chiropractic care is just as helpful for children as it is for adults. Get your child into a chiropractic care routine as quickly as possible so that they can feel better every day. For more tips and assistance, talk to companies such as Anthony Iuzzolino DC.Share